Cultural fit is best understood when you consider it within the context of your organization’s culture and how your organization’s culture was formed. A potential employee may express and exhibit the characteristics, language, and values that exist within the current organizational culture – or not.
You want to hire only candidates whose belief and behavior systems appear congruent with your organizational culture.
Few Questions you can ask to assess a candidate on Cultural Fit.
- Why do you want to work here?
- What’s your ideal work environment?
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you address it and what did you learn?
- What inspires you?
- What are your hobbies?
- What type of culture do you thrive in?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What values are you drawn to and what’s your ideal workplace?
- What’s your favourite aspect of your current position?
- How would you describe our culture based on what you’ve seen?
- Talk about a time you worked as part of a team.
- What do you like best about our company?
- How do you define success?
- What best practices would you bring with you from another organization?
- Tell me something about you that isn’t on your CV
Inputs from Undercover recruiter.