Performance Categories Baldrige
The theory details the criteria for performance excellence and an integrated management system.
It is based on 7 factors they are: –
The Baldrige performance categories, when linked together, form a comprehensive Integrated Management System that enables the organization to methodically focus on continuous improvement and attain performance excellence.
1. Leadership: Under this category, the methodology adopted by the leaders of the organization to direct and guide the employees is studied. Further, the efficiency with which the organization carries out its legal, ethical and social responsibilities is also captured.
2. Strategic Planning: Here, the process for the development of strategies and tactics are evaluated. The deployment of action plans, and the flexibility and adaptability of the strategic objectives in the event of a change are also examined.
3. Market and Customer Focus: The manner used to understand the needs, requirements and the expectations of the customers and the markets are scrutinized. The customer relationship building process along with the vital factors that ensure consumer loyalty and business sustainability are also inspected.
4. Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management: This category basically examines how the organization manages its knowledge systems and conducts its performance reviews.
5. Focus on Human Resource: The extent to which the organization’s work systems create an environment that motivates the employees to work to their full potential, nurture their personal growth and facilitates performance excellence in alignment with the organizational goals are measured and evaluated.
6. Process Management: In this category, the organization’s process management framework including the important support processes in all the units is examined.
7. Results: The organization’s performance is benchmarked with that of the competitors and the improvement in the key business areas are analyzed.
Leave a Reply