Category Archives: Uncategorized
Get tips on how you can make a Winning resume and Crack the interview.
Refer the below blog by Jack.
Performance Categories Baldrige
The theory details the criteria for performance excellence and an integrated management system.
It is based on 7 factors they are: –
The Baldrige performance categories, when linked together, form a comprehensive Integrated Management System that enables the organization to methodically focus on continuous improvement and attain performance excellence.
1. Leadership: Under this category, the methodology adopted by the leaders of the organization to direct and guide the employees is studied. Further, the efficiency with which the organization carries out its legal, ethical and social responsibilities is also captured.
2. Strategic Planning: Here, the process for the development of strategies and tactics are evaluated. The deployment of action plans, and the flexibility and adaptability of the strategic objectives in the event of a change are also examined.
3. Market and Customer Focus: The manner used to understand the needs, requirements and the expectations of the customers and the markets are scrutinized. The customer relationship building process along with the vital factors that ensure consumer loyalty and business sustainability are also inspected.
4. Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management: This category basically examines how the organization manages its knowledge systems and conducts its performance reviews.
5. Focus on Human Resource: The extent to which the organization’s work systems create an environment that motivates the employees to work to their full potential, nurture their personal growth and facilitates performance excellence in alignment with the organizational goals are measured and evaluated.
6. Process Management: In this category, the organization’s process management framework including the important support processes in all the units is examined.
7. Results: The organization’s performance is benchmarked with that of the competitors and the improvement in the key business areas are analyzed.
In this Professional world it is very important to have good communication and Presentation Skills. What Matters more is How your Communicate.
There are certain Ways which help us to improve one’s way to Present . Rhetoric Triangle is one of the tested and effective .
Rhetoric is defined in the Oxford English dictionary as, “The art of persuasive”
Thus, the Rhetorical Triangle is a tool that helps you formulate your thoughts so you can clearly present your position in a persuasive way.
Master Yourself using this tool and people will clearly understand your message, and be heavily persuaded by your argument
It can be used for both written and verbal communication but is particularly applicable to written communication.
What is Rhetorical Triangle
The Rhetorical Triangle gives us three methods of persuasion. You could make an argument using just one of these methods, or you could combine any two methods, or even use all three methods of persuasion
1 Logos (Message)
Logos is the main body of your argument and is designed to appeal to reason. Using an appeal to logos you attempt to use facts, truths, and logic to appeal to the reason of your audience.
You are appealing to their intelligence with facts and supporting evidence to strengthen your position
2. Pathos (Audience)
Pathos is an appeal to your audience’s emotions. You could, for example, move your audience to want to feel young so as to get them to buy a cosmetics product. You could also move them to sadness so as to get them to donate to charity
3. Ethos(Speaker) 🎙️
Ethos is the speaker’s or writer’s credibility and authority to deal with the topic in question. For example, the ethos of your doctor comes from the years of training required to become a doctor. Because of these qualifications, you will listen to their opinion on particular subjects
To be effective a persuasive speech must do three things. First, it must identify you as trustworthy in your audience’s mind (ethos / speaker). Second, it must connect emotionally with the audience to move them to action (pathos / audience). Third, it must contain a logical and reasoned proposal or argument (logos / message).
Ageism (also spelled “agism“) is stereotyping of and discrimination against individuals or groups on the basis of their age.
Butler defined “ageism” as a combination of three connected elements. Among them were prejudicial attitudes towards older people, old age, and the aging process;
Age discrimination in employment can include:
advertising for someone to join a ‘dynamic, young team’
not interviewing someone because they are too young or too old to ‘fit in’ with other staff
not employing younger workers because it’s assumed that they’ll quickly move on to another job
not employing mature workers because it’s assumed that they’ll soon retire
not providing training opportunities for young or mature workers because ‘it’s not worth it’
making choices around redundancy, or forcing someone to retire, because of their age
Employer Duty to avoid Ageism
An employer has a duty to take reasonable measures to prevent discrimination from happening, rather than just respond to complaints that arise. This is called a ‘positive duty’. It means that an employer needs to take proactive steps to eliminate discrimination. For example this could mean scanning their environment and considering if recruitment and employment policies and processes unreasonably bar people of certain age groups from being employed or continuing to work. An employer should put in place changes required to address this.
Source Forbes & Wiki
Outplacement is a process of facilitating a terminated employee’s search for a new job by providing professional services, counselling, paid for by the former employer.
It is done generally done by a downsizing company which pays for the services of a third-party company to assist their laid-off employee to seek new employment.
The assistance provided maybe in the form of resume writing, salary negotiation advice, resume distribution to employment agencies and head hunters, cover letter writing and career counselling.
As per Wikipedia , Outplacement is explained as
Outplacement is the support service provided by responsible organizations, keen to support individuals who are exiting the business (voluntarily or involuntarily) – to help former employees transition to new jobs and help them re-orient themselves in the job market.A consultancy firm usually provides the outplacement services which are paid for by the former employer and are achieved usually through practical advice, training materials and workshops. Some companies may offer psychological support.
History of Outplacement
Henry Mintzberg created five organizational configurations that act a framework to understand and design organizational structures. First of all, he stated that each configuration has 6 components:
Based on the importance of the components, coordinating mechanisms and design decisions (design of decision making, lateral linkages, superstructure and positions), five structural configurations were established:
- Simple Structure: The major coordinating mechanism used here is direct supervision. The key component of the organization in this case would be the strategic apex, and vertical and horizontal centralization is incorporated in this configuration.
- Machine bureaucracy: The coordinating mechanism here is standardization of work processes. The key component of the organization here would be the technostructure and limited horizontal decentralization is used.
- Professional bureaucracy: Standardization of skills is the coordinating mechanism in this configuration. The operating core forms the key component and both vertical and horizontal decentralization is used.
- Divisionalized form: Standardization of outputs is the coordinating mechanism and the key component is the middle line. It is characterized by limited vertical decentralization.
- Adhocracy: Mutual adjustment is the coordinating mechanism in this configuration. The support staff (in an administrative adhocracy) or the operating core (in an operating adhocracy) forms the key component. Selective decentralization is used in this case.